IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COOKIES
What are Cookies?
"Cookies" are small files that contain information that a website sends to your computer, laptop or mobile media device's hard drive while you are viewing a website. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and will contain some anonymous information such as unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preference or what's in your shopping basket.
Cookies are used by lots of websites to provide features to their users and they are used by Wasted Talent to improve its websites and to deliver a better and more personalized and interactive service to you.
Wasted Talent also uses persistent cookies, which stay on your computer or mobile media device even after you have gone offline.
Wasted Talent will use different types of cookies at various different pages of your use of our websites, these types of cookies include:
- Functionality Cookies
- These are essential to the running of a Wasted Talent website. They include Session cookies, which enable you to carry out essential functions on Wasted Talent's websites like maintaining login details for the session or a transaction. Session cookies are not stored on your computer and the information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other website. These cookies will expire when you close your web browser session.
- Cookies defined, as 'Functionality' will not be used to target you with adverts on other websites.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies allow you to move around our websites and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Cookies defined, as 'Strictly Necessary' will not be used to target you with adverts or remember your preference or username beyond your current visit.
- Performance Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you, as all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve our websites, understand what interests you and measures how effective our advertising is.
- Cookies defined, as 'Performance' will not be used to target you with adverts or target adverts to you on other websites, or remember your preference or username beyond your current visit.
- Targeting Cookies
- These cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. We use these cookies for social media sharing; providing advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can show you adverts that you may be interested in when you return to the website or visit other third party websites and deliver content and marketing communication which are tailored to your interests based on you your visit.
- Third Party Cookies
party cookies for advertising. Many of our websites and marketing
emails carry advertising. A certain amount of this advertising is
tailored to the individual user, as practice known as "Online Behavioral
the pages you visit. This keeps many of our websites and services you
use free of charge. The tracking system is anonymised and therefore it
does not know who you are; it simply uses the limited information
available to it to serve adverts to you, which it believes are relevant.
It does not collect personal information such as your name, email
address postal address or telephone number.
- From time to time, Wasted Talent may share this annonymised behavioural data with our advertising partners. This could mean that when you are on other websites you are served advertising based on your behaviour across Wasted Talent titles or you may be served advertising based on your behaviour on other sites.
- Behavioural retargeting is another form of Online Behaviourial Advertising that enables us and some of our advertising partners to show you adverts based on browsing patterns and interactions with the site away from our sites. This is allows companies to advertise to website visitors who leave their website without making a purchase.
- If you want to opt out of receiving Online Behaviourial Advertising this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our sites. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you. If you would like more information about Onsite behavioural targeting and how to opt out of it, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com or you can also visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/
- Other third party cookies. Some pages on our websites, other companies may also set their own anonymous cookies. They do this to track the success of their application, or to customise the application for you. We cannot access these cookies, nor can the other company access the data in cookies we use on our websites.
- Wasted Talent Marketing Cookies
- These are normally supplied by our approved partners or adverts delivered from Wasted Talent's own systems and allow us to serve you adverts that you might be more interested in. This tracking system will log what adverts you see and will cap the number of times you see an advertisement. The data collected is anonymised and therefore the cookies do not know who you are.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser, but please be aware that for some parts of our websites to work you will need to accept cookies. Cookies can be removed or declined by changing your web browser settings. The following links may be helpful:
Cookie setting in Internet Explorer
For more information about third party cookies generated by advertisers please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and for general information about cookies and their use, please visit All About Cookies.
Please be aware that these are 3rd party website and as such Wasted Talent accept no liability for the instructions given on these sites.
Updated April 2018